I dragged myself to open gym today to finish the last two benchmarks in the Paleo Challenge. After an easy-going warmup, I worked up to my max back squat. The lower back is still a little sore from over-doing it on Christine the other day, but I was quite happy to get up to 153#. It's 10 lbs off my previous PR, and it was a really ugly 153 lbs, but it still felt good. I'm positive I wouldn't have made it back up out of the hole if I hadn't had so many people cheering me on. Can I get an I heart CFWSC, please? It felt good to get back in there and it'll be worth the lingering soreness.
I knew the 500 m row was next and I took every excuse for delay I could find. I went and got a shot of espresso. I walked the dog. I remembered that I forgot my book in the car. I peed. I drank a glass of water. I finally ran out of excuses and buckled down and did it. I finished in 156.7. A very decent time for me, even if it did make me feel like puking.
Finished off the day with some stretching and situps, and a whole lot of foam rolling. I really enjoyed open gym and think I must find a way to get there more often. It was especially great watching people bang stuff out, and watching Billy and Jocelyn working on their moves. Watching those two is like watching a live-action training video. Such good form!
So in recap:
Max Back Squat : 153#
500m Row: 156.7
I'm back at work now, eating almonds and trying to figure out if there's a way I can sneak in a nap.
Heh.
Keep on truckin'
No comments:
Post a Comment