Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mood Adjustor

I dragged all through the day today. Woke up on the grumpy side of bed. Grumped around work, even grumped through my double-espresso break with Sam and Mowgli. I came home and thought about skipping class, but decided I'd better just throw on my sweats and go. I'm so very glad I did. I always love Jocelyn's class. We worked on the split jerk (which I've never been very sure of), then did a gnarly partner workout. The WOD was one of those sneaky simple-on-the-outside WOD's that'll leave you limping for days.

I made some sort of break-through on the clean tonight. (Aka My NEMESIS). It actually felt RIGHT sometimes... or at least much closer to right than it's ever felt before. Good Elvis I've struggled with that lift. I still need a lot of work, but it was so great to feel like it was finally starting to come together. Hop hop hop! Now if only I can pull off a repeat performance next time...

I also PR'd on the split jerk. I've never actually done a max effort on the jerk before, so technically *anything* would've been a PR (I love being a beginner about things), but I've also never split-jerked more than 63#. I hit a 103 lbs tonight so it was pretty easy to be excited.

I bounced out of the box eating dried mango and feeling SO much better than I did all day. It's 11 PM and the good mood's still going strong. I came home and fooled around in the kitchen, cooking up some vegetables to eat over the next couple of days. Inspired by Leah's Shepherd's pie, I steamed and mashed up some cauliflower and then pan-fried it in olive oil with a little salt and pepper and a WHOLE lot of garlic. Kept it going until they got nice and browned, and man was it good. I need to fool around with the proportions a little (I ended up using too much olive oil), but I think I'm onto something. WHO KNEW VEGETABLES WERE YUMMY?!

Recap:

Max rep split jerk: 103#

Partner WOD:
400 m run

3 rounds:
12 Power Clean (73#)
42 ball slams (20# ball)
--each partner takes turns on power cleans and ball slams. only one partner goes at a time--

400 m run

Partnered with Nicole, which was great and we finished in 12:23

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of laughing at my soreness tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion sitting down and getting back up is going to be a bit tricky, but right now it all feels worth it.

(P.S. Remind me of that final statement tomorrow Sam, as I moan for another Advil, please.)

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you are awesome! The weights and wall balls you are throwing around are heavy!
    103# split jerk is so good!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete