Kyle Haynes is a trickster. For. The. Record.
We started off class tonight with a game called, "how many box jumps can you do in one minute?" We found out 30 seconds later that the number of box jumps you completed was the number of reps you were going to have to do in the WOD.
Dirty, DIRTY trick.
It was skill work tonight and I picked the Snatch. Kyle ran me through the progression again and gave me some good pointers. It's all about baby steps right now. I find the Snatch the most confusing of all the Olympic lifts. (And that's saying something, considering how much I struggle with the Clean.) I hit a couple that felt better than the others, so that was nice.
Onto the WOD:
I got 30 box jumps in the minute, so I had 30 as my magic number.
400 m run
30 deadlifts (103#)
30 pushups
30 wall ball (12#)
400 m run
Time: 9:52
I really enjoyed this WOD, in spite of the dirty trick methodology employed in determining its length.
I'm dead dog beat though, and my legs are TRASHED. Thus the name of this post. Mommy? Ow. I think its best if I spend the next two days foam rolling and gently stretching.
Dinner tonight, Paleo Chili:
2 lbs ground beef
2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
1 can tomato sauce (organic, no sugar added)
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
2+ TBSP minced garlic (I'm obsessed with garlic. I just pile it in.)
1 onion, chopped
2 TBSP cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp cumin
1 TBSP chili powder
fresh ground pepper
Brown and drain ground beef. Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
The version above had a bit of a kick, so if you're not a spicy fan, try less cayenne or consider leaving out the jalapeno (or at least the jalapeno seeds...)
Easy Peasy, and so tasty. Sam and Mia put grated cheese on theirs, which they liked quite a bit. It's really more akin to stew than to chili, I suppose, and it--like all things--could use a little tweaking, but it sure tasted nice on this chilly night.
No comments:
Post a Comment