Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Funday

Saturday was a rest day--and I took it quite seriously. With the exception of yard work and laundry, I didn't do a dog-gone thing. And it was lovely.

Gymnastics seminar with Carl Paoli this morning and I LOVED it. It got me fired up to really work on my strength, skills, and flexibility. I'm going to start with hollow holds and working my pullups from that solid demonstrated position. I've been saying I've wanted a muscle-up for years, but I've never quite figured out where to start or how to get there. It's time to get my solid chest to bar pullups back and then to take them to the rings. I AM EXCITED. Today I did my first "kipping handstand pushup" and my first "rolling" pistol. I am holding onto the glee as long as can as tomorrow I have a feeling the associated soreness is going to greatly sour my mood.

In other news, my long run became a short run today when time constraints and a disobedient stomach decided that 4 and a half miles was as close to 8 as I was going to get. Thus 4.5 miles at an 8:48/mile pace. It's always better than nothing, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment