Friday, January 28, 2011

Stupid Airdyne

Lofty goals of making it to 6 A.M. CrossFit quickly degenerated into slightly-less lofty goals of making it to 7 A.M. CrossFit...and then, finally, to 9 A.M. Heh.

Skill:
Backsquat 7 x 3

Start at 68% of your 1RM

I rounded down a bit, using 95#.

These felt pretty good. Not easy, necessarily, but not excruciating either.

My shins were killing me today so I opted to finish some of the Paleo challenge stuff instead of doing the WOD, thus:

1000M row in 4:22.9 (I've never done a 1000M row for time before, which means this is by default, an instant PR. Sweet.)

Max pullups: 22

I was happy with the pullups. I was aiming for 15, so found myself pleasantly surprised to get 22.

After class:

Hollow holds: 15 second hold, 30 seconds rest x 5
Handstand practice

and then a VERY mini finisher based on an extremely scaled down version of a gymnastics WOD:

5,4,3,2,1
Kipping Pullup - Gymnastics kip with tight hollow
Kipping Handstand pushup

Time: 4:31

Lots of stretching, foam rolling and Mowgli walking
and then I finished off the day with some Airdyne work with Sam.

First of all, let me just say that when I saw this photo from the Airdyne site the first word I yelled was, "LIES!"



Nobody and I mean, NOBODY, looks like that while riding that dreadful thing.

This was my first time on the Airdyne bike and I officially HATE it (and love it). Sam and I alternated 2 minutes sets. I spent the first 30 seconds thinking it wasn't so bad, the next 30 seconds thinking it was a pretty good workout, the following 30 seconds thinking, "oh my Elvis, I'm NEVER going to make it" and the last 30 seconds, legs cramping, moaning with my eyes closed, praying for it to end. That thing is ROUGH.

(And FUN!)

Measured in calories I finished with:
29, 28, 30


And finally...food today...
2 eggs
coffee with honey
handful of trek mix

cashews

salmon salad from daves

salami and cheese (must watch that cheese!)
blackberries

ahi tuna
roasted butternut squash
blackberries

glass of red wine

1 comment:

  1. Em, I know exactly what you mean about that Airdyne! It's the most deceptive piece of exercise equipment I've ever experienced. However ... I have some really great footage of Sam working out on it ... just throwing that out there. Love you - Jess

    ReplyDelete