Monday, August 16, 2010

Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Saturday:
Jocelyn's class.

I'd like to preface this with a Thank Elvis. Thank Elvis Jocelyn didn't make us do the workout she'd originally planned. I think Fran may have officially killed me.

Skill: Snatch Balance
1 every 30 seconds for 10 minutes (20 total)

I started with just 43# (I'm out of shape and I kind of suck at the Snatch in general)
I bumped up to 53# about halfway through (only because Jocelyn helpfully brought heavier plates over to my bar...helpfully...)

WOD:
2 min 5-10-5 sprints
10 DB thrusters (20#)
10 slam balls (just 12# ball)

2x with 1 minute rest between rounds

Um. Ouch.

(I'd like to note that it is now Monday and I still require help getting off the couch.)

Sunday:
No CrossFit, but several hours of serious yard work

Monday:
5, 5, 5, 5, 5 Backsquat

45, 70, 95, 125, 135

WOD:
2 rounds:
400M run
5 cleans (70#)
10 pushups

500M row
5 cleans (70#)
10 pushups

on 3 1/2 minute intervals

The theory with this WOD was that you'd get to rest if you finished the triplet under the 3 1/2 minute timeline. Yeah. I didn't get to rest.

Beat city.

I'm just striving to reach that point where CrossFit is fun again--instead of a gruesome struggle.

My goal for tomorrow is to make it to any class.

We went to a concert tonight--and I may or may not have indulged in some serious Greek food munching (including pitas and saganaki). I also may or may not have consumed anywhere from 2 to 4 beverages of the wine or beer variety.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment