Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'd be jumping up and down

if only I could use my legs.

Class tonight:
Skill was the Snatch Balance and Heavy Snatch,
but I'm still babying the wrist so instead I did:

5 x Max Ring Dips
9,7, 5, 5 4

Kyle tried to work with me on kipping on these, but I still can't get the movement down. I'm going to try to practice them a bit more over the next couple of days.

Then:
4 x 10 Dumbbell Thrusters w/ 30# Dumbbells
30 seconds of rest between each set

Man these were rough! By the second round I had to break them up into 5, 3 and 2's.
The good news is that I finished them. Also that by the end I started to figure out how to make the thrusters work *for* me, instead of against me. I'm glad I did them. I think next time will be easier.

Then finished off the day with some sprints
100M - 20.4
200M - 38.6
100M - 21.0
400M - hit wrong stupid button, argh.
200M - 40.4
100M - 21.5

My times were pretty dismal. I almost biffed it twice while turning. My legs were beat and I just didn't feel fast. Still, I got 'em done, and that's somethin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment