6 A.M.:
Skill was the Press, but my wrist still hurts when bent forward or back.
I subbed Dumbbell presses, keeping the dumbbell centered and the wrist straight.
5 sets:
3 strict press, 5 push press
with 25# Dumbbells
WOD:
AMRAP 12 minutes
400 m run
10 Dumbbell Thrusters - 25#
100M farmers walk
These started out okay, but as my arms got fatigued, I could no longer keep the dumbbell level, which meant wrenching my wrist every rep. I made it through 3 rounds and then things bumped up on the pain scale and I dropped the weights and iced my wrist.
Meh.
I believe this is the first WOD I've ever totally failed to complete. I didn't want to make my wrist any worse than it is, in fact I'd VERY MUCH LIKE IT TO HEAL. (you hear me, wrist?) Still. It sucks to feel like I failed.
I've been icing throughout day. I wrapped my wrist for work as I had a lot of motorcycle helmets to package and ship. I'm hoping if I just avoid doing anything that even tweaks it a little bit, by Saturday things will be okay. Pullups and kettlebell swings were fine yesterday, so at least that's somethin'.
Lunchtime at the park:
(on the grass)
Run one mile warmup - 8:45 min
Rest 2 minutes, then
jog 60M
sprint 100M
jog 60M
sprint 100M
jog 60M
sprint 100M
jog 60M
sprint 100M
Rest 2 minutes
50M walking lunges
50M sprint
50M walking lunges
50M sprint
Rest 1 minute
jog 60M
sprint 100M
jog 60M
sprint 100M
jog 400M cooldown.
collapse on grass. stretch. drink water. think about nap.
And tonight is for laundry, curried chicken, hair dye and quiet time.
No comments:
Post a Comment