Thursday, May 27, 2010

Home again

Having a hard time getting going after 2 weeks of chaos...
I jogged a few times in Florida, rowed a little in the weight room at my folks apartment,
but really didn't do much.
I also slept little, lived on vending machine food for a week and a half,
and then gluten-free casseroles and lasagnas that my parents' Florida friends brought to the house.

I tried to get my 1RM backsquat done yesterday,
but after failing epically I realized that I'm just not in a good space to PR on anything.

I'm going to opt out of the Paleo 2.0, at least as far as the group dynamic goes.

I'm going to try the benchmarks again in 2 weeks, just for my own personal status, but I don't think I'm up for testimonials or photos.

Short-term goals include swimming more often, resetting on my 5 x 5 backsquat (and actually following the program), and riding my bike.

Class tonight:

Push Press
3, 3, 3, 3, 3

I started at 65, as I had no idea what my 3 rep max would be...
65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95

WOD:
5 rounds
3 x 5-10-5 sprints
15 KB swings (35#)
max supine ring pullups
(8, 5, 4, 4, 4)
Time: uhm. almost 11 minutes, I think. I forgot to write it down.

Finisher:
3 x 10 leg raises, controlled, with no kip. (These were a LOT harder than I expected.)

I'm tired, I'm beat, I'm gonna be sooooore tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. welcome back erad, sam really missed you and i had to comfort him. You understand, right?

    ReplyDelete